Stairs play one of the most important roles in any home. They link one location to another, enabling people to pass easily from one place to another. Stairs can be made of wood, stone, concrete, metal, etc. Further, they can be built in varied designs and forms, depending on their specific purposes. Stairs are not only functional, but they also add attractiveness and value to a home due to their availability in various designs, patterns and colors.
There are certain important functional requirements that you much consider when choosing any particular kind of trap ontwerp for your home. Some of the key things to consider include:
- Strength: It should be able to provide support for movement between floors.
- Safety: Safety is one of the major concerns when selecting a staircase. Make sure it complies with the building regulation in determining the rise, thread, headroom and dimensions of the handrails and guarding. Moreover, the stairs must be constructed using materials that are capable of maintaining strength and stability.
- Fire safety: The stairs should have adequate steps and width for the safe escape to the outside in any emergency situation.
Below mentioned are some of the most common types of staircases, have a look:
Straight run staircases: Straight run staircases are one of the simplest forms of stair arrangements. They usually consist of one straight flight of stairs connecting two levels. When constructing these kinds of stairs, the width and the length of the landings should be equal.
180 degree return staircases: The 180 degree return stairs can be of two types namely:
- Open well with two flights: In this kind of staircases, the space between the lower and upper flights causes half space landing to be longer.
- Dog leg: In this type of stairs, there are basically two short flights with a half space landing between them. The outer strings of both flights lie in the same vertical plane.
L shaped staircases: L shaped staircases can have either equal or unequal flights.
Wenteltrap: Wenteltrap are also known as curved stairs. These are a kind of staircases that make a turn without including a middle landing or platform to provide a flat rectangular turning space.
Spiral staircases: Spiral staircases generally have treads which turn and rise around a central column.
These are some of the most common types of stairs that you can have in your home. Keep the functionality, usage and your requirements in mind when selecting any kind of staircase.