Known as the Sun City of India, Jodhpur is that city where the first sign of sunrays is visible! The royal charm, the old mansions and palaces, the royal forts, and their grandeur- all these successfully seduce the travellers from all around the world. And what more, you will literally feel the warm vibe of being present in a bygone era through the city’s unforgettable architectural brilliance.
For a day trip in Jodhpur, it would be easy for you if you opt for Jodhpur cab service other than going for public transportation. Let’s roll over and get to know the top 6 places to visit in Jodhpur on you trip! Keep reading.
- Mehrangarh Fort: Your trip to Jodhpur will remain incomplete if you don’t go to this place at first. The grand Mehrangarh Fort stands for Rajput power and stability. Check out the lofty, grand and beautiful architecture of this fort. It is known as one of the biggest forts of our country. The fort stands on a hill overlooking the whole of Jodhpur city. So, you will get a panoramic view of the whole Jodhpur from it. Do visit this place.
- JaswantThada: JaswantThada is located near Mehrangarh Fort and is a cenotaph. The tranquility and the solitude of this place is so welcoming that you will love this place the moment you step into the white marbled building of this place. The inner section of this place has royal photographs of the Rathore rulers. You will also love the gardens and the pond that are inside JaswantThada.
- Mahamandir Temple: The famous Mahamandir Temple is another place you will love the architecture. This temple is built with 84 pillars designed in yogic postures all around the temple. This is an age-old temple and houses many shrines inside it.
- Sardar Samand Lake: Located 60k away from Jodhpur, this lake is a birdwatcher’s paradise. The tranquil environment of this lake will mesmerize you. Not to mention various kinds and types of migratory birds that you will get to see here. On your way to this lake you may also get to see various rare animals including neelgai, black bucks and many more!
- Chamunda Devi Temple: This temple is located at the far end of Mehrangarh Fort. Built by Rao Jodha, this temple will provide you an astounding view of the whole of Jodhpur city. Don’t miss this temple during festivities.
- Kaliana Lake: this is considered as one of the most frequented lakes of Jodhpur which was built in the 19th century by Pratap Singh. Considered as birdwatcher’s delight, this place also has loads of migratory birds who come to this lake. You can go for boating if you want to take some breath-taking photographs of the natural beauty of this lake. Don’t miss the sunset from the bank of this lake.
Jodhpur exudes its own royal charm which hypnotizes the tourists. Know about Jodhpur car rental service for an uninterrupted, great tour through this historical city! All the best!